More than 1 million visitors  since sept. 2006

Entry conditions for Egypt

The World Web leader for Egypt

Welcome    Pictures of Egypt      History     Useful links      Other destinations     Advertise here       Conditions and terms      Contact us                 

Conditions Entry For Egypt


If you are a Non-Egyptian and are planning to visit Egypt then make sure that you possess a valid passport. You can obtain the entry visas from the Entry Visa Department at the Travel Documents, Immigration and Nationality Administration (TDINA) or from Egyptian Diplomatic and Consular Missions Abroad.  However, most tourists as well as visitors can obtain an entry visa at any of the important ports of entry.


You can contact your local Egyptian Consular mission for additional details pertaining to visa regulations applying to your citizenship. Almost all travelers obtain their visa after entering into Egypt and need not use the forms for obtaining a visa. Visa applications are generally passed out by airlines before landing at an Egyptian airport. However, for people who need to go in for the form option, need to complete the form either by printing it out and filing it in or through a graphics editor and sent to the closes Egyptian Embassy or Consulate.

Visitors who plan to enter Egypt at the overland border post to visit Gulf of Aqaba coast and St. Catherine may be exempted from visa and granted a free residence permit for fourteen days to visit the area.


You need to apply for a pre-arrival visa if you are a citizen of the following countries- Algeria, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bangladesh, Croatia, Chechnya, India, Georgia, Iraq, Indonesia, Israel, Iran, Kirghizia, Lebanon, Macedonia, Macau, Moldavia, Malaysia, Morocco, Montenegro, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, The Philippines, Russia, Palestine, Slovenia, Serbia, Tadzhikistan, Sri-Lanka, Tunisia, Thailand, Ukraine, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and all African countries.


If you are a resident of any of the aforementioned countries then you need to apply for a visa through your nearest Egyptian Consulate or Embassy. However, if you have a residence permit here then you need not obtain an entry visa if you leave the country and return with the validity of your residence permit or within six months (whichever is less).


Egyptian visa is divided into three types namely-

Tourist visa

Entry visa

Transit visa


Let us now take into consideration the major ports of entry to Egypt

Alexandria Nozha

Cairo International

Luxor, Upper Egypt

Hurghaga, Red Sea

Aswan, Upper Egypt

Sharm-el-sheikh, south Sinai


Some of the major ports in Egypt are as follows-


Port Said, Mediterranean

Damietta, Mediterranean

Alexandria, Mediterranean

Nuweiba, Gulf of Aqaba

Suez, Gulf of Suez

Sharm El-Sheikh, Red Sea

Hurghada, Red Sea

Safaga, Red Sea


Finally, the overland entry posts are as follows-






You may be exempted from paying the visa fees if-

You are a holder of diplomatic passports

Arab League officials

Non-national spouses of Egyptian nationals

Non-national members of the clergy, journalists, prominent scientists, and members of educational, official cultural, and sports delegations.

Non-national students studying in Egyptian institutions

if you are a resident of Norway, Denmark, Cyprus, Germany, Finland, Russia and the United States then you may be partially exempted from paying the visa fees and will hence have to be a reduced fee